Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Introducing Kyle and Brooke Brinlee

On July 31st my Cousin got married at the beautiful Deep Wood Estates in Salem, Oregon. The day was interesting but turned out to be very good. Days before the wedding my mother and I arrived to help get things set up. We ran around looking like chickens with our heads cut off. There was so much to get ready and not much time to do it. We prepared the salads ahead of time and tried to get most of the stuff ready the day before.

Wake up! Its Brooke's wedding day. We woke up at the crisp hour of six o'clock and were off to the salon to get our hair done. My hair was not exactly as I imagined it would be but Brooke liked it and that's all that mattered. Around ten we headed to the venue and that's when chaos occurred. The napkins didn't match each other, the table settings were not correct and I was force feeding my aunt before she threw up and pooped a blood vessel in her eye.

Brooke was a calm bride until she put on her dress. The photographer scheduled to take pictures of her placing her dress on at 1:00. Brooke decided at about 12:20 that she wanted the dress on and she didn't want to wait any longer. She began freaking out and throwing a fit so I send my cousin Ashley to go get the photographer. He didn't seem happy about coming in early so the rest of the day had a bit of a weird vibe. The boys took pictures with Brooke and the girls with Kyle. The bride and groom never saw each other. While this was all happening my mother, sisters, boyfriend, and val were running around trying to get everything prepared. Ryan had to run so many places I think he can now make his way around Salem without getting lost :)

At 3:00 the ceremony began. I lost it while walking down the isle. I'm not even sure why I was crying but it seemed to take my concentration off of walking. I tripped on my shoe, lost it behind me and almost took out the guy I was walking with. After getting everything back I saw my aunt crying and lost is again. I cried through the whole program. Brooke was a beautiful bride. I was so excited to see her married to the man she loves. After the ceremony everyone went to a cocktail hour while we took group photos. These included photos in the creek where we swore Brooke was going to fall and get her dress all muddy and an awkward pose with my cousin. The photographer promised this wouldn't happen.

The reception was next complete with all the normal wedding activities. I got to dance with my love and meet lots of new people. Brooke and Kyle made about $200 from wine and beer and almost $500 from the money dance. All in all they made some good money just from the reception. After they left we cleaned up and went home. I am still exhausted from all the running around. Being the MOH was hard work but I loved all of it. It was also exciting to see Ryan all dressed up :) My family loved him. By the end my uncle and cousins were picking on him. They were having MC Hammer contest and my aunt and him had inside jokes. I love him.

All this wedding talk made me start thinking about my own wedding. I now know what crazy stuff not to do and what things to do. But let me tell you it wont cost an arm and a leg. Congrats to Brooke and Kyle.


I made everyone matching shirts :)

The cariage house. We got ready in here.





Boe was the best ring barrer.


Here after outfit.

Cleaning up.

1 comment:

  1. Fun!
    Sounds like a lot of craziness going on. I thought mine was kinda crazy but not anymore! Ha ha...
    Now you have plenty practice for your own. :)

    ReplyDelete